Cheshire Shared Services Website & Email Service
This service will provide Parish Councils with a package of IT services including the following:
- Registration of a .gov.uk domain name
- Web hosting 80mb
- Pre-Installed Content Management System (WordPress)
- Website Header graphic creation assistance (e.g. adding a logo to a suitable image)
- Pre-Installed plug-ins for common web functions (polls, contact us, Council News Feed, Google maps of the parish, Automatic RSS Council news feed)
- Introduction to WordPress Session (2 hours)
- 10 Email Accounts
- Telephone support for the above,
How Can You Help?
As a prerequisite please:
Plan as early as possible there is a lead time to the domain registration and site creation
- Liaise with East/West ICT Strategy Teams to request the service
- ICT Strategy to request the service via the service desk online system
- Register your own domain in advance if not planning to use a .gov.uk using your preferred ISP
- Review and accept the terms of service
What should you expect ?
The time taken to confirm .gov.uk domains names is subject to the cabinet offices approval and can take some time e.g. a number of weeks.
We will contact you if we have any questions about the application form then while the domain name is being approved we will start the build process for the site and will invite you to an introduction to WordPress session where 2 people can attend. You will then have access to a temporary, non published version of the site.
When your domain is registered we will set the site to be live and confirm your email address details. Telephone support will be provided for the content management system and email service via our telephone support line.
You should expect to manage the day to day content of your site and refer to the standard WordPress documentation to answer questions about standard use of the WordPress system.
How do we measure performance?
Performance Indicator: Sites Built and intro session complete within 3 weeks.
Target: 90%(go-live is subject to the cabinet office approval of domain name)
When is the service available?
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Need More Information?
For Cheshire East Council Parish Council enquiries contact: email@example.com
For Cheshire West and Chester Council Parish Council enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org