There is a thriving play school for pre-school children based at the Methodist Church on Middlewich Road. The details appear on their notice board.
Allostock has no school now and younger children usually attend Byley School – some going to Lower Peover C.E. Primary School. Older children can go to Holmes Chapel Comprehensive to continue their education and Knutsford and Middlewich also have comprehensive schools.
Lower Peover C.E. School
Allostock Parish Council has a representative on the Richard Comberbach Trust which aims to support the school from a charity founded by Richard Comberbach and his wife who built and endowed the school in 1710.
The original building is now The Little Nursery School.
Check the date over the door!
In 2010 Lower Peover School and the Trust celebrated their Tercentenary by holding a “Celebration weekend”
on 11th, 12th and 13th June .
There was a school in Allostock for nearly 300 years. The first was opened in 1689 at Allostock Chapel, London Road.
Bradshaw Brook Chapel Sunday school first held lessons in 1867. As many as 100 are recorded as attending.
In the 1960’s numbers at Allostock School increased so much that the Village Hall was used as an extra classroom. but numbers declined and Allostock school closed in 1983